Advertisement

quartz crystal becomes cloudy..

topic posted Thu, January 10, 2008 - 1:36 AM by  Atcandéla
Share/Save/Bookmark

I was gifted with a clear quartz crystal almost a year ago. And would hold it in my hands for healing on the occasion.
It has been a many mos. since I looked at the crystal until week ago when I noticed that this once clear crystal has
become 1/2 cloudy on the bottom!
Is this a sign of quantum physics manifesting?? :)
It's always been stored on my alter resting in a dish where there isn't exposure to anything/elements that i'm aware of.

If I'm missing some possible environmental issues, or energetic problems.. could anything cause a quartz to alter it from being clear to cloudy (colorless)?
I'm beginning to wonder if this has trapped some energy or a sign that something is wrong from the people who gave me the quartz.

much appreciate the thoughts..... Aimée
posted by:
Atcandéla
Los Angeles
Advertisement
  • Re: quartz crystal becomes cloudy..

Thu, January 10, 2008 - 10:10 AM
    Stones will definately change color. The most I have experienced this is when the stones are traumatized from healing difficult issues and not being cleansed. I suggest cleansing with crabapple flower essence and five flower/ rescue remedy in water.

Thu, January 10, 2008 - 11:24 AM
    I too think cleansing it is a good idea, but perhaps it is a positive sign that it changed color, one of my crystal friends, is half smoky and half clear, that is one of the reasons why it is special. I have heard they are quite rare...

Thu, January 10, 2008 - 2:31 PM

So this IS considered unusual?
      Any other recommended forms of cleansing?
      The one other thing I forgot to mention is the clear quartz that has become 1/2 cloudy has it's texture altered no longer smooth and glassy,
      but matte and ridged texture..

I'm truly miffed by this, as also my rose quartz pendulum has become cloudy as well, though no change in the texture..
      Any other thoughts...

yes, there has been aquite a few personal shifts in the time that I've had these quartz' more recently it may have picked up energy of
      transformation I've been going through.

will check in again... ~A~
      • Unsu...

Re: quartz crystal becomes cloudy..

Thu, January 10, 2008 - 5:16 PM
        this in my humble opinion is a sign that your crystal is a momma. Yer having litte ones. Congrats. Ive seen this particularly with quartz points.I also have several atlatians in the same way. Monitor it in the coming weeks and watch for barnical type growth

Fri, January 11, 2008 - 2:01 PM

A few months ago that could have been a possibility but no longer in a relationship... ;) nice try though!
          Still pretty stumped on this as I don't know if the quartz will ever become clear again.
          It had such a sharp clear feel and look to it.

Just needing some clarity on the properties of quartz/rose quartz if their structure can at ALL change it's shape, color, etc..
          if not exposed to anything negative.

Fri, January 11, 2008 - 2:06 PM
            The sun and the moon might help try exposing it to on or the other for some time.

Tue, January 22, 2008 - 12:37 AM
              I almost hate to bring it up, but maybe you might consider checking out one of the non-metaphysical tribes with your question (Rocks and Minerals comes to mind, steer clear of meta aspects in the query, though).

Sometimes the crystal friends are reacting to our energy, sometimes there is a chemical reaction that we're not aware of involved, either way, we can find our lessons (that point resonates beyond the immediate statement, that is one of the coolest aspects of involving crystal/mineral paradigms into my life....).

Mon, January 28, 2008 - 12:04 AM

I called a friend of mine who is a geologist and said that it is impossible for quartz to change it's composition or structure
                unless exposed to external environmental shifts like heat, impact, etc..

After posting this thread I went one of my favorite spiritual bookstores and saw various kinds of quartz crystals.
                A few looked in the state of being "cloudy", different textures, clarity.. their price value was based on the quality as
                well. The clear quartz was more pricey, than the others, etc..

So no mystery unless the quartz went to an extreme color shift ... I will still hold close to this quartz as it was gifted to me
                by a yogini last Spring.

Recent topics in "++Crystals++"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
nude senior gays' free meet up Unsubscribed 0 August 16, 2014
Why is Robert Simmons trademarking so many crystals??? Lyrissa 111 August 1, 2014
#1 dating site for Cougars and their admirers! Unsubscribed 0 June 13, 2014
share your stories of your crystals Jamie 19 November 19, 2013